Saturday 28 January 2012

The beasts in the family

No I'm not talking about people but rather actual beasties, I have only really spoken about my horses in the past, I still have the two mares and love them to bits. But I do have other animals. The reason for writing this is that a month ago one of our cats past away, he was fairly old, 14 years. We had first received him as a kitten so clearly it was an upsetting time and we do really miss him His name was Dusty (don't ask it was my little sister's cat) Here is a pretty photo of him below and another of him waking from sleep... he was a bit... strange











We do have another cat with similar markings though she is a lot younger. She was found sleeping in our hay barn at the stables and just stayed, no collar so must of wandered off and was thus a stray. We did not bring her home for two years in case she decided to wander back to her original home or a report of missing animal was posted but nothing happened so she slept with the horses. Her name is Idrial

Along with the cats and horses we are currently housing my older sister's dog Bindi, she's an 8 year old English Bull Terrier and a bit mad.... not much else to say about her haha




Next in the Menagerie of beasts is Merlin, I'm not too sure on his age as he was given to me about a month ago now by a very close friend whom I have known for about 10 or so years. Merlin being a Black Albino Corn snake, such a cutie to and likes to sit on my little sister's head.




The last one, belongs to Cai, he brought him when we were started seeing each other to quote 'Our baby dragon' this was around October time and we are happily still together and officially. Calenmirae is a young Chinese water dragon.












I guess we are very much an animal family

No comments:

Post a Comment