Sunday 30 December 2012

New member of the family

When it comes to humans I am a bit of a misanthrope, however I do adore other animals. Those who know me also know that I am living with my other half and I'm really happy, have been for over a year now. Between the two of us we have such a menagerie and now I can happily say we have a new member of our family.

It's a personal preference of mine to rescue animals, my black and white cat Idrial was a stray. Since our oldest cat passed away last Christmas and Cai and I have our own house now we decided to take on another.

This is when I heard about Destiny. She was at the RSPCA and due to be put down the day a friend of mine fostered her. Feeling so sorry for her, I picked her up and brought her home. At first she was a shy little thing and extremely temperamental, this turned out to be only because she was frightened. All truth be told she is a soft friendly thing and has settled very well. Getting along with Idrial and the rest of the critters.

She is a black cat with white marking like Idrial and our late cat Dusty.... Infact she is a spitting image of Dusty.

A very welcome member of the family.





No comments:

Post a Comment