Sunday 24 June 2012

Nihon!

Busy looking  through old photos and boxes when I found some lovely memorabilia from my trip to japan in 2005 .... it seams like such a long time ago now.

I adored it, I am lucky enough to of been able to study Japanese at GCSE and so know a lot about the culture and language and its just amazing. I really do think highly of the japanese, in particular the scientists in nanotechnology and other areas.

The culture is very different from here and one must say that I do prefer it there. Whilst there I got to see some amazing things, both new and old, traditional parts of Japan including an Okiya where we saw traditional and very real Geisha's performing... they are so beautiful.

I do so miss all my friends over there, And thankfully I can say that I will be returning there very very soon ^^

Nihon ni ikimashou!

Here are some photos from when we were there... sadly I have lost weight since then (illness and stress mostly but I am putting weight back on, also I was 16 haha)

me in the nightmare t-shirt with my best friend at the time Chris
This is Minami and Yuko ^^

This is the Back of my Kimono, Yep I brought myself a real Traditional Japanese Kimono from a geisha market, with the obi of course. I also brought geta, a parasol and dancing fans
We went to bepu bay, and thus the hot springs named 'Bloody hell'
They have black swans ^^ taihen Kirei desu ne!




We saw so much more than I have named and met loads of people. I miss my EGL friends the most :( see you very soon lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment