Wednesday 14 March 2012

Reptile Update


I wrote not all that long ago that Cai’s geckos had laid some eggs, sadly… they did not hatch -_-, but for his first clutch of eggs from them this was not really surprising and we were quite astonished when one of the girlies laid eggs in the first place as we hadn’t cycled them for breeding. Ah well… there’s always next time. Cute little things really

As far as reptiles go the other ones are doing great. Merlin now has a shiny new viv… he is still super lazy and is always hiding under the substrate though or in his new hide, but on the plus side at least we can actually take him out and let him roam for a bit as he is getting really good to handle. I have always adored reptiles and snakes but the parent is scared of them so I couldn’t get any until a few months ago – then again she didn’t really have a choice in the notion.

I am actually getting a new baby this year; I have fallen in adoration for all of the unusual colourings and genetic variations of PANTHEROPHIS GUTTATUS. Having a large interest in Genetics and variation in breeding (I am studying biology after all) this has led me to decide to eventually breed from my snake as he is a Black Albino. I’m sure we wouldn’t mind having baby corn snakes all over the place... I certainly wouldn’t at any rate. I’m specifically looking at some of the pretty coloured and rarer variations. I think I have already picked which one I am going to get. For now I’m going to keep this as a surprise but stay tuned for when I get her.
We decided to give the Chinese water dragon a bath, he typically doesn’t seem to like water all that much so we are slowly introducing it to him before we make his bigger viv.  Here is a video of what happened.

Bless him he is so cute.  He's actually getting his spines through now ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment